Alright, I sent this recipe for my tomato sauce to my insider’s ages ago. (Insiders are people who have been to a class at Bec’s Table, they receive additional emails with recipes attached. Cause they’re special. :-)).
I serve this sauce as an accompaniment at loads of my classes, and I’m always asked for the recipe by at least one student in each class.
Because I sent it out in an insider email such a long time ago, and since then we’ve got so many new insiders, It seems like a good idea to add it to my blog rather than resend it to my insiders that may have seen it before. That way, you can all find it here whenever you like.
Bec’s Brilliant Tomato Sauce
- 50 g vinegar (white vinegar is fine but whatever you wish)
- 100 g sugar
- 25 g Murray valley pink sea salt
- 1 Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp powdered cloves
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- ½ tsp Black pepper corns
- 500 g fresh sun ripened tomatoes peeled and cored
- 120 g Brown onions chopped
- 120 g cooking apples chopped
- Method Thermomix
- Place the first 7 ingredients into your TM bowl and set to Varoma temp for 5 mins speed 1
- In the meantime prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds. If there is too much to fit in the bowl chop ½ way through with the MC in place on speed 7 for 5 seconds then add the remainder chopping again when you have everything in. But Please Do NOT go over the recommended marks inside the TM bowl. Over filling your TM when it is cooking is dangerous.
- Cook at 100c for 60 minutes speed 1 +reverse. Pop your basket on top to stop splatters.
- Process on speed 8 for 20 seconds or smooth enough for your liking
- You can now cook further to reduce or leave the way you it is and pack into jars or bottles.
- Method conventional
- Place the first 7 ingredients into a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling add the remainder of the ingredients and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- If the tomatoes have not broken up in this time cook further.
- Using a blender or food processor process till smooth. Return it to the heat and cook till thickened to your liking. You may need to use a spatter guard here.