These Maple Syrup Cupcakes were originally made for a cupcake decorating class. We made a few different kinds, vanilla, chocolate and this Maple Syrup. The class was more about decorating, but the groups of students really love these.
Pure Maple Syrup is three times as sweet as regular table sugar, so you don’t usually need as much; plus, it has a lower glycemic index than common white sugar, so your blood sugar levels won’t spike as quickly. Then we ruin it all in these cupcakes by adding white sugar as well. 🤣🤣🤣 Oh, come on, it’s a sometimes food. I say cupcakes are for parties. 🎉🥳🧁
Because our cooking school is conveniently located next to a kindergarten, I had the privilege of teaching small groups of children how to have fun making and decorating cupcakes for special occasions such as Christmas and Easter. The children, accompanied by a teacher, would come in groups of 6-8.
We had a complete routine in place, which began with washing our hands and understanding the significance of it. One of the enjoyable segments was cracking eggs, and I would ask the teacher in private who would be the most suitable candidate for the task. 😂😂😂 Once we finished mixing and baking, we would decorate the eggs with various designs (some of which I had prepared ahead of time of course).
Maple Syrup Cupcakes
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
- 1 Thermomix
- 220 grams unsalted butter
- 320 grams all-purpose flour or Gluten free plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 270 ml milk
- 40 grams Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 c. Line the cupcake pans with your choice of cupcake liners.
- Weigh the flour, baking powder and salt into the TM bowl and mix with the MC in place for 3 seconds/speed 6. Remove the lid and set the flour mix aside.
- Weigh the cold cubed butter and sugar to the TMbowl and mix for 20 seconds/speed 5.
- Add one of the eggs into the TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds speed 3 Then add a heaped tablespoon of the reserved flour mix to the TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds speed 3 Add the Butterfly to the TM bowl and add the remainder of hte eggs one at a time and continue to mix on speed 3.5 till they are incorporated into the batter. This should take only a few seconds
- Scrape down and lift the mix from the base of your bowl then contiue to add the maple syrup and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix again for 5 seconds speed 3.5
- Pour your mix into the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake until golden and cool.