This is one yummy topping for brownies, or a myriad of other sweet treats. I call it Salted Caramel Coconut Topping. I used this topping over one of my Brownie Recipes, and the crowd went wild. Actually, they didn’t, but I did get quite a few people telling me it was absolutely delicious, so I thought I’d share it with you.
Chef tip – Use this topping to turn Bec’s brownies into the amazing Samoa Brownies.
Salted Caramel Coconut topping (for Bec’s Brownies)
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
- 3 cups Flaked Coconut big flakes look and react well
- 250 g Sugar
- 180 g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 105 g Water
- 215 g Corn Syrup
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Murra Valley Pink Sea Salt
- Combine the water, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla bean (if you are using one) into a heavy bottom saucepan and cook to 110°c while stirring to prevent burning on the base.
- Once your temp reaches 110°c add the butter and continue cooking to 118°c whilst stirring. Yep it does seem to take ages. 😉
- Once you have 118°c remove the vanilla bean or if you are using extract add it now along with the salt.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pot and then add the coconut.
- Gently layer the caramel over a cooled brownie all the way to the edges. Don’t squash it down or it will be a hard toffee that’s difficult to cut. I like to grab a fork while it’s still hot and fluff it up before it sets.