This is one of the most important tools you can have in a bakers kitchen.
Measuring scales give you consistency and accuracy.
What to look for in a set of scales
- They should weigh up to 5kg
- Weigh as little as 1g
- Easy to clean like this glass topped set
- Digital readout is handy if you can swap to ounces for recipes from other countries
- Easy to find and replace batteries
- Tare function (add a weight function)
I’m sure you’ve heard me say it or someone else say it, “Baking is a Science” get it wrong and you may not like what you’ve created.
I’ve written a whole post on why it’s important to use a scale over other forms of measurements it’s a good read if you’re inclined.