What’s a get together without herb crackers (and maybe a little cheese)? I usually form my crackers using a pasta roller, but I’ve got something even better now, that’s just so much easier.
You know, I’m a pastry chef, and I like to be neat. I wouldn’t say I was the neatest person, as some people seem to do everything clean, neat and perfect. Sheesh, that’s not me. I have to find creative ways to make things look brilliant (and neat). So, if you want perfect crackers OMGosh this is it!
I made these in minutes. They’re so cool, don’t you think? The Betty Bossi Cracker Roller has turned my, not quite rectangular, not adequately docked (pricked with holes) crackers, into just like “bought one crackers”!
I can’t believe it, the first day I played with it, within an hour and a half I’d made four different batches. Crazy I know, but so simple.
I’m going to give you this recipe; it was my favourite out of the plain kind of crackers. Forget shop-bought crackers, get onto these. These are great for any cheese platter, and your family and friends won’t believe you made them.
Here’s another link that will take you to where you can get these cook cracker rollers.
Easy Herb Crackers
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
- Thermomix or Food Processor
- 200 g warm water
- ½ tsp dry yeast
- 400 g plain flour
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs I make my own blends but use what you like, Italian would work well
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare some flat baking sheets with baking paper. (or use USA flat cookie sheets, you dont need to put anything on them), they're non-stick)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor (or Thermomix) in order of the ingredient list. (you want the warm water to mingle with the yeast before anything else does)
- Mx in the food processor (or Thermomix) until it comes together as a dough. (TM: 5 seconds/speed 5 scrape down and repeat if necessary, tip out and bring together by hand)
- Remove from the food processor (or Thermomix) and set in a covered bowl in a warm place for 30 – 60 minutes
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into three portions.
- Roll the dough out between two baking mats (or baking paper) as thin as you can.
- Use the Betty Bossi Roller to make your perfect shapes and bake as soon as you can. Bake for 10 mins then flip the crackers over and bake for another 10 mins.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. These store well in an airtight container.
Want to know more?
Learn how to make gourmet feta cheese and a wide range of crackers with our online course.