Traditional doughnuts are made with yeast. If you feel the need for some cinnamon goodness in your day, but don’t have the time or inclination to go with the traditional yeasted fried doughnuts, then you might want to have a go at these. Cupcakes that taste like Doughnuts (or maybe doughnut muffins).
You can make them as cinnamon cupcake doughnuts, but if you want more, you can make cinnamon doughnut muffins.
These doughnut cupcakes are so easy to prepare in the Thermomix
I made a batch of these last week, and my husband took them to work. Everyone loved them, so I need to share the recipe with you. My hubby’s work is turning out to be my litmus test for posting sweet recipes for you. Shhh, don’t tell.
You can, of course, make these in a doughnut tray if you have one. I don’t, so I’ve made them as cupcakes. Did you know that they should keep longer with the cupcake liner because there’s not as much cake exposed to the air to dry out?
Cinnamon Doughnut Cupcakes
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
For the cupcakes
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Queen Vanilla Paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 eggs
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 125 g Milk
For the topping
- 60 g melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 70 g Coarse or Caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°c and line your 12 hold cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place sugar and butter into the TM bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5
- Scrape down the sides and lift any butter that’s still on the bottom of the TM bowl with a spatula then add all the remaining ingredients and beat for 10 seconds/ speed 5
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake liners then bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown, and when pressed gently they spring back.
- While the cupcakes are baking, get the topping ready.
- Weigh the butter into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted. Around 1 minute on high works in mine.
- Weigh the sugar and cinnamon in a wide-based bowl (this is so you can dip the tops of your cupcakes in after being painted in butter. better than sprinkling and getting sugar everywhere)
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack before brushing and coating in cinnamon sugar.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the tops of your cupcakes with butter then holding the base of the cupcake dip the top into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Tada. Done
Want to know more?
Mini cakes with Lemon and Blueberry. What’s not to love with the Thermomix and conventional recipe
Or, maybe you’d like to know more about Bake Club Online?