Chicken Tikka Masala is another favourite of mine. The Tikka paste is brilliant to have on hand for quick meals. You can rub it on chicken for grilling, BBQ or even roasting in the oven as I have done in the photo below.
You’ll need to make this easy tikka paste first. Then add some sliced onions to a pan with some ghee or oil and slowly cook them down with a tablespoon or so of the paste. Makes a beautiful sauce to cook chicken in. You could add eggplant, chickpeas, zucchini anything like that. Serve with rice and nan. YUMMO
Try it and I’m sure you’ll love it. Oh, and if you don’t like heat, leave out the chillies, but Kashmiri chillies are not the hottest, so you might be OK. Enjoy our Chicken Tikka Masala.
What about this for an idea. I know an 8 year old that eats this one. My version of Chicken Tikka
Chicken Tikka Masala
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
- Heavy fry pan or pot
- 600 g Chicken thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons Tikka paste Grab the Tikka recipe here
- 2 tablespoons good quality cooking oil what ever you like to use
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic finely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ginger finely grated
- 400 ml can Coconut cream
- Salt to taste
- Add water If you need to thin out the mix
- 4 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- After making the paste marinate the chicken in 1 heaped tablespoon (or more) of paste for at least an hour but up to overnight.
- Heat a pan on the stove once hot fry off the chicken until colour starts appearing on the surface. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the butter to the pan allow to foam then scrape up any browned bits from the chicken stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn down the heat and add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant, (don't burn these they'll become bitter) Add two or three heaped tablespoons of the tikka paste and fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant while stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the canned coconut cream and return the chicken tot he pan. Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens and becomes thick and creamy. Season with salt
- Serve with rice or puri bread.