Once again I have too many cherries. I think it’s because the season is so short and I love them so much that I buy buy buy. Anyway this year I’m not only making my Cherry Jam, but I’m making a cherry pie filling as well. I make the filling in advance so it can cool before adding to the pie.
- 800 g fresh cherries, pitted
- 150 g sugar, caster
- 35 g lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
- 35 g corn flour
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Weigh everything into the Thermomix bowl.
- Set the Thermomix to 100°c/15 minutes/ reverse speed + 1
- Once finished remove from the Thermomix bowl and allow to cool before using.
You can leave this recipe the way it is, or you can add some extra flavours.
Before cooking you could add a tsp of cinnamon or a spice blend.
At the end of cooking why not add some bourbon, kirsch or other alcohol.
Because our kitchen is still, well, not finished and we’re sort of glamping, I made the filling a day in advance.
And today New Years Day we’re having Cherry hand pies with homemade ice cream.