If you want to make something different with your air fryer, then you might try pork belly or even pork chops for that matter. Recently, I purchased a new air fryer. My old one was looking a bit beaten up, and I thought it was time to replace it with something shiny and new. Now lets smake some Asian pork salad in an air fryer.
Now I have to tell you my secret – it was a mistake. I gave my old fryer to a friend, but we did some testing before I let it go. I took a pork belly, cut it into two, placed one piece in each air fryer, and set it to the same conditions—old air fryer 1, new air fryer 0. Dam, If you want a crunchy air-fried pork belly, my old Phillips basket air fryer won hands down. I think the new one doesn’t have the intense heat thats needed to change pork skin to delicious. So long crunchy crackling (for now). ;-(
Lets move onto the Asian Pork salad. I love a fresh Asian salad like this. I’ve always got salad vegetables in my fridge, no matter what the season. You can mix up any vegetables that suit you. Make the dressing as strong or weak as you like, and pour it on just before serving. You can also serve this in a Bahn Mi Bread Roll. YUM.
Don’t be intimidated by all the ingredients in the recipe. It’s a reasonably quick and easy recipe that produces a great outcome. Marinate the pork first (min 30 mins). Using the air fryer, we only need 10-12 minutes to cook the pork, giving you enough time to prepare everything and be ready to plate up. A quick, healthy and very tasty meal!
Asian Pork Salad using Air Fryer
5 stars tells us you love the recipebecs-table.com.au
- Air Fryer
- 350 g Pork belly skin removed and sliced.
- 10 g garlic minced
- 10 g ginger minced
- 15 g toasted sesame oil the deep golden brown one not the pale light one.
- 15 g light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon light Soy
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 – 3 tablespoon lime You can use zest as well if you like
- 2 teaspoon Ketchup Manis (Abc sweet soy sauce) or 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 big handful of fresh salad leaves I used Woolworths salad bag with beetroot and carrot about 2 cups
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 small handful of bean shoots about 1/2 a cup
- 1 portion of cellophane noodles
- 1 chilli finely sliced or ¼ red capsicum sliced julienne
- 1 tablespoon or more crispy fried onions see notes
Method for pork belly:
- Start by making the marinade. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place each piece of pork on two air fryer racks and cook for 12 mins 180°C moving the trays around ½ way through. Or if you have a basket type fryer, shake ½ way through.
- Once cooked set aside to cool.
Method for dressing:
- Mix all the ingredients in a small jug or bowl taste and adjust if needed then set aside.
Method for Salad:
- Boil the jug, once boiled add one portion of the cellophane noodles and allow to soak for 3 – 5 minutes then rinse in cold water and drain.
- Prepare the salad adding everything to a bowl except the fried onions and dressing to a bowl. Just before serving drizzle over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Plate up and sprinkle a few crispy fried onions over the top of each salad.
- Don’t dress this salad until you’re ready to serve, so it stays fresh.
- You can swap so many things around in this recipe; think peanuts instead of crispy onions or crispy noodles.
- Finely sliced red onion instead of spring onion.
- Different noodles
- Add some extra zing by adding Asian vinegar.
- Use Pork chops and serve them on the side of the salad; who doesn’t love an air-fried pork chop.