this was served on a plate made from crusty bread
Butter for frying
1 small Onion finely chopped
4 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
160 g chicken livers cleaned and roughly chopped
80 ml cognac
2 corn fed chickens
1 Pheasant (boned)
4 turkey drumsticks (boned)
100 g chopped baby spinach
1 Dessert Spoon green peppercorn
3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from day old bread
1 cup shelled Pistachio
2 sage leaves finely sliced
2 Lemon using the finest microplane
1 1/2 tsp Malden Salt
250 g thin long slices of moist Italian
— prosciutto rindless but with lots of fat
5 Asparagus spears
Red pepper relish
2 red capsicums thick skinned
2 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
2 Tbs caster sugar
1 tsp fresh Chilli
2 tbls Panch Porah spice mix
1. Sauté onions & garlic in butter for a few minutes, then add chopped
livers and cognac and sauté for a further minute- put into large mixing bowl
2. Add rest of ingredients up to egg and mix together well
3. Line a (10cm by 30cm, 7cm high) terrine dish with prosciutto, overlapping
each piece and allowing extra over the sides to fold over at the end.
4. Put half of mixture into the dish and place trimmed asparagus length
ways, then top with remaining mixture and fold over prosciutto to completely
5. Place piece of baking paper over top and terrine dish into a large baking
dish half filled with hot water and bake 180deg for about 1hr or until
terrine is firm to touch.
6. Put in fridge over night with a weight on top of it
7. *Note if you are using a metal terrine dish or if your prosciutto is
lacking in fat, line the terrine dish with baking paper.
red pepper relish
1. Cut capsicums into quarters, remove any white membrane with sharp knife
and cut into fine julienne.
2. Put all ingredients into a non stick saucepan and cook for 25mins, med
heat until tender and glossy.
3. Serve cold.
I also made a beetroot relish but I dont remember all the ingredients I put in heheheee