This is one yummy topping for brownies or a myriad of other sweet treats. I call it Salted Caramel Coconut Topping, last “Open Day” (2016) I used this topping over my Brownie Recipe, and the crowd went wild. Actually, they didn’t, but I did get quite a few people telling me it was absolutely delicious. We made it in Bake Club this week, and I had a similar response so I thought I’d share it with you.
This recipe needs a base really, but you could make a toffee out of it
- 3 cups Flaked Coconut (big flakes look and react well)
- 250 g Sugar
- 180 g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 105 g Water
- 215 g Corn Syrup
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Murra Valley Pink Sea Salt
- 1 recipe of Bec's Thermomix brownies the soft and gooey type
- Combine the water, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla bean (if you are using one) into a heavy bottom saucepan and cook to 110°c while stirring to prevent burning on the base.
- Once your temp reaches 110°c add the butter and continue cooking to 118°c stirring again
- Once you have 118°c remove the vanilla bean or if you are using extract add it now along with the salt.
- Cool slightly in the pot and then add the coconut.
- Gently layer the caramel over cooled brownie all the way to the edges. Don't squash it down or it will be a hard toffee that's difficult to cut. In
fact before the toffee cools; you can fluff it up with a fork.