The lovely Janmaree has given me permission to add her wonderful new recipe to my site. This is Janmaree’s very own recipe for Lemon Sherbet Cake, the one she created in our “Develop your own recipe” meeting at Bake Club. We love her Lemon Sherbet Cake.
Open Day 2015
Since open day judging, I’ve had loads of people ask if she would share her wonderful recipe. She said “Recipes are for sharing, of course” Love it.
Not only does this cake taste great, but it looks so pretty with minimal fuss for decoration.
Lemon Sherbet Cake
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g egg (4 x 55g eggs)
- 300 g plain flour
- 10 g baking powder (2 tsp)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp of chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp of whole pistachios
- 1 cup raspberries
- Extra caster sugar for dusting
- For the syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup of caster sugar
- Set the oven to 150°c fan
- Prepare your tin using a high collar to protect the pistachios from going brown.
- Collect all your ingredients and have them in front of you.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and pale
- Add the eggs individually, making sure each addition is well absorbed.
- Remove bowl from mixer, fold in sieved flour and baking powder alternately with the lemon juice.
- Add ½ the batter to the prepared tin and gently fold through ½ cup raspberries and 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
- Add the remainder of the batter and top with ½ cup of raspberries and 2 tablespoons of whole pistachios and gently fold in.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar to the top
- Bake at 150 °c fan
- Make a syrup of ¼ cup of lemon and ¼ cup of sugar, bring to the boil and allow to cool.
- Once the cake is cooked leave to rest 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Pierce holes in the base of the cake and pour over ½ the syrup (prepared earlier) to soak. Once cold, turn over and pour the remainder of the syrup.