Cupcake recipe ( Vanilla) Based on a Pound cake formula
Yield approx. 18 medium size cupcakes
For the Thermomix owner
220 g butter
220 g caster sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
220 g eggs ( about 4 eggs)
220 g self-raising flour
80 g milk
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Get your cupcake liners in their trays
- Crack your eggs into a bowl or small jug
- Weigh the butter and sugar into the TM bowl and mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds. Using a spatula, clean down the sides and give the mix a stir at the base of the TM bowl to incorporate any larger lumps. Pop the lid back on and give it another mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds.
- Turn the blades back on to speed 4 and drop the eggs through lid one at a time giving them about 10 seconds between each addition. The mix may look curdled at this stage but don’t worry it’s all to do with the egg butter mix ratio.
- Weigh in the flour and milk and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to completely combine. You may need to scrape down and mix another 5 seconds.
- Add your mix into a piping bag and pipe your cupcakes into the papers for consistency, Oh and piping practice. Hehehee Or you can use a spoon or ice-cream scoop.
- If you want high rise cupcake, bake them at 180c if you want flatter cupcakes bake them at 160c. When I make a cupcake that I am going to mound up with buttercream I will cook them at 180 although something like this little button cupcake needs a flat surface.
- Bake cupcakes in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, or till cooked through. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.