Crustless quiche is an easy dish to have on the table fast.
Everyone loves crustless quiche at my place. Have you got leftover ham? I love my Christmas ham. I always bake extra so that we can eat it over the break. You know if you want to save some for further down the track I portion it up and pop it in zip lock bags and freeze it. In this recipe below it, states bacon, but leftover ham or any veg is brilliant here.
- 120 g cheese chopped into small squares (I use any medium hard cheese I have in the fridge)
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 1 hand full of parsley
- 4 slices of bacon chopped into bite size pieces
- 430 g milk
- 4 eggs
- 75 g plain flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced into ¼’s
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Grate the cheese in the TM bowl on speed 8 for 6-8 seconds and set aside
- Add the small onion and parsley to the TM bowl chop for 2 -3 seconds on speed 6
- Add butter and bacon and sauté for 2 mins 100c speed 1 (MC off).
- Add milk and eggs first then flour, cheese salt and pepper. Stir to combine on reverse speed + 2 for 10 seconds or so.
- Pour the mix into a pie dish. I like to use glass here so it browns nicely on the bottom too.
- Scatter the tomatoes on top.
- And bake till golden brown and set. This should take 30 to 40 mins depending on your oven.