Crustless quiche is an easy dish to have on the table fast.
Everyone loves crustless quiche at my place. Have you got leftover ham? I love my Christmas ham. I always bake extra so that we can eat it over the break. You know if you want to save some for further down the track I portion it up and pop it in zip lock bags and freeze it. In this recipe below it, states bacon, but leftover ham or any leftover veg is brilliant here.
Bec’s Crustless Quiche
- 120 g cheese chopped into small squares (I use any medium hard cheese I have in the fridge)
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 1 hand full of parsley
- 4 slices of bacon chopped into bite-size pieces
- 430 g milk
- 4 eggs
- 75 g plain flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced into ¼’s
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Grate the cheese in the TM (Thermomix) bowl on speed 8 for 6-8 seconds and set aside
- Add the small onion and parsley to the TM bowl chop for 2 -3 seconds on speed 6
- Add butter and bacon and sauté for 2 mins/100c/speed 1 (MC off).
- Add milk and eggs first then flour, cheese salt and pepper. Stir to combine on reverse speed + 2 for 10 seconds or so.
- Pour the mix into a pie dish. I like to use glass here, so it browns nicely on the bottom too.
- Scatter the tomatoes on top.
- And bake until golden brown and set. This should take 30 to 40 mins depending on your oven.