I’ve come up with this new recipe to make the humble Pikelet a little more nourishing.
By adding oats and sultanas, there something I can eat for breakfast. You can also make a batch and freeze them in portions. Great for kids snacks or quick breakfast on the run.
- 250 g milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g self - raising flour
- 20 g rolled oats
- 25 g sultanas
- 30 g raw sugar
- Weigh the milk, egg and vanilla in the Thermomix bowl set to speed 4 for 4 sec.
- Add the remainder of ingredients and set on reverse speed + 4 for 4 sec.
- Pour pikelets straight out of the Thermomix onto a heated buttered fry pan.
- If you make them real tiny you can eat lots hehe hee
A Nana’s afternoon tea with added goodness and no added additives. The kids will love these.