This recipe calls for Bec’s Laksa (dry) spice blend. Quick and easy yummy meals. The protein can be swapped out, why not try prawns, just add them in at the end of the cooking till cooked through. Will only take 2 – 3 minutes.
- 15 g of Bec's Laksa powder
- 20 g Peanut oil or similar
- 1 Chicken thigh fillet (Maryland) cubed
- 2 shredded fresh Kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 300 g coconut cream
- 200 g water or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 big handful of Asian veg
- 200 g soaked noodles
- TM method
- Weigh the oil and the Laksa powder into the TM bowl. Set to Varoma temp/3 mins/slow speed.
- Add everything but the veg and noodles and cook at 100 c/8 mins/reverse speed/slow stir.
- Now it's time to add the noodles and the Asian veg and cook at 100c/ 6 mins/reverse speed or until the veg is slightly wilted.
- Wok Method
- Add the oil and spice mix to the wok slowly bring it up to a warm temperature stirring all the time to cook through. Do not burn.
- Add a drizzle of the coconut milk and cook until thick and smooth.
- Add the chicken pieces to the wok and continue to cook on a medium high heat till the chicken takes on some colour.
- Add the remainder of the coconut milk and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add Asian veg and fish sauce and cook till veg is slightly wilted.
- Serve hot with noodles.
You can learn how to make the spice blend at Bec's Fragrant spice class