This is a pastry chef recipe. I’ve made this with my quick feta for the cream cheese and it works well.
Last open day it was a huge hit. If you love baked cheese cakes you’ve got to give it a shot.
Baked Cheesecake Degree of Difficulty: Easy Servings: 16 Yield: 2 cakes
Author: Bec's Table
- 142 g unsalted butter
- 107 g icing sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 142 g castor sugar
- 1,142 g cream cheese
- 285 g milk
- 42 g cornflour
- 2 lemon rind chopped
- 80 g sultanas
- 100 g flaked almonds
- Shortcrust base
- 200 g Unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 g egg (1 x 55g egg)
- 300 g Plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and sugar lightly, using the paddle attachment. All the egg and continue creaming until absorbed.
- Carefully fold in the flour and salt, mixing only until combined. The dough will be very sticky, and more like a biscuit paste. wrap in plastic and chill prior to use.
- Cut the chilled dough into manageable sized pieces, knead lightly first to soften, then roll out using dusting flour.
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Whisk softened butter and sifted icing sugar together till light and creamy. Add lemon rind. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolk, whole eggs and caster sugar, Slowly add to butter mix taking care not to curdle.
- In a fresh bowl with a flat beater soften the cream cheese insuring the mix is lump free, mix in the milk. The mixture should remain smooth. Change to a whisk and aerate. Slowly add in butter mix. Scrape down the bowl and mix till the mixture is smooth. Fold in the cornflour.
- Line a 15cm cake ring with a silicone paper (bottom and sides). roll the shortcrust to ¾ mm thick and cut a bas to fit the tin. Roll a thin sausage from the left over shortcrust and flatten around the side of the base. Par bake till it is light brown. Sprinkle with sultanas. Pour cheese filling into tins.
- Reduce oven to 180c. Bake till set approx. 45 mins. Over baking will cause filling to crack. Filling when set will be 85c inside.
This will make 2 cheese cakes, so halve it if you just want the one.